Stylist Yoshiko conduct thorough consultations with every client to help determine what length, curl, and shape would best suit the client’s eyes, taking into consideration both your style preference and the current health of your natural eyelashes. She takes exceptional pride in maintaining a high standard of hygiene and professional application as well as proper technique. The application procedure is so relaxing that most clients even fall asleep. Many wake up stunned and amazed to see how gorgeous their new lashes look because she works every set to perfection. She promise you will love your new and improved lashes, she has confident that the results will speak for themselves!
After getting your lashes done, you will notice a change in your daily beauty routine. When you wake up you will find it extremely convenient to no longer need to apply mascara or utilize an eyelash curler. With eyelash extensions, you can prevent damage to your natural eyelashes normally caused by eyelash curlers and/or heavy mascara application. This is reason why Yoshiko will highly recommend to clients to keep regular bases like every 3 to 5 weeks depends on how much eyelash sheds.
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions have become a beloved beauty secret to women of all ages over the past several years. They enhance the natural look of the eye, bringing youth and radiance to one’s appearance. Eyelash extensions are strands of synthetic hairs individually adhered with a special adhesive to one’s own lash that add length, thickness and fullness to natural eyelashes. Extensions are applied onto the eyelash itself and never come in direct contact with one’s skin.
How to care
- Be gentle with your new lashes, do not get them wet for the first 24 hours after application, refrain from touching or rubbing them. The golden rule is: look but don’t touch.
- Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
- Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes. Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup. Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes.
- Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes.
- Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
- Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended. If you must wear mascara, only use water-based mascara, please do not use waterproof or oil-based mascara as removing this is difficult to do without damaging your natural eyelashes.
- Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
- Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
- Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.
Before your appointment
- Do not wear eye makeup. Makeup close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based makeup removers.
- Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
- Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions.
- Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.
- I do not perform refill services on work that was not done by Yoshiko – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you currently have lash extensions on, it is required to book a removal service with your new set on your first visit. This is to avoid the risk of mixing different adhesives and different materials with extensions applied at other salons.
Eyelash extensions are applied individually, one by one, 1mm away from the eyelid, never directly on the skin, to your natural eyelashes using a medical-grade formaldehyde-free adhesive. Lash extensions come in different lengths, thicknesses, and curls, results can vary from very subtle and natural to very noticeable and dramatic.
The procedure can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a forty-five minutes depending on the service received.
No, eyelash extensions are no worse than applying mascara.
No, eyelash extensions are painless. Most clients feel comfortable enough to fall asleep during the procedure. Yoshiko use superior quality products to bring the highest level of comfort possible for our clients.
Please arrive with no makeup on or around the eye area. When removing makeup around the eyes, use a mild cleanser and avoid using moisturizers, sunscreen, and removers that have oil-based formulas. Lashes must be clean for the adhesive to bond properly.
We recommend removing your contact lenses before lash application. Eyes may feel dry and irritated with contact lenses kept in during lash application since your eyes must be kept closed for the entirety of the appointment (~1 hour).
Yoshiko require a removal of your existing extensions before applying your lashes here as she do not perform refill services on work that was not done by Yoshiko. This is to avoid the risk of mixing different adhesives and/or different materials, please check our POLICIES for more information.
Eyelash extensions last 2-5 weeks on average depending on a number of factors such as aftercare, hair quality, weather, etc.
Do not get the extensions wet for the first 24 hours after your appointment, keep out of any steam rooms/saunas/swimming pools to give the adhesive sufficient time to bond to the natural lash. Avoid vigorous rubbing of the eyes or tugging at your lashes. Do not use oil-based makeup or makeup removers. Please refer to her LASH CARE section for more information.
I do not recommend wearing mascara since it is very difficult to remove from the extensions without pulling at your natural eyelashes. Please use oil-free cosmetics when removing makeup close to the eye area while wearing eyelash extensions.
No, an eyelash curler will break the bond on your extensions and will damage your natural eyelashes.
No, as long as you refrain from rubbing your eyes or tugging at the extensions you will not lose your own lashes. Please refer to the aftercare instructions in your starter packet as well as our LASH CARE section for further information.
Yoshiko’s lash extensions range from 8mm to 13mm in length, and 0.15mm to 0.20mm in thickness.
Our lash technicians only use medical-grade adhesive solely made for professional eyelash extensions. Our medical-grade Lash Forever adhesive is formaldehyde-free, contains butyl cyanoacrylate (for fast bonding), poly alkyl methacrylate (for extra hold) and poly isocyanate pigment (for mascara-like color).
I recommend clients come in for touch ups every 2-3 weeks. Clients who prefer to maintain a very full look come in on a weekly basis.Otherwise you can also come back every 4-5 weeks.
Removals are done at the salon by the lash artist. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself, it is best to schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed with a special removing solvent. You may also wait for your natural lash cycle to complete and have the extensions fall off naturally.
Before & After
Full set of Mink eyelash
- 80 pieces per eye : $160.
- 100 pieces per eye : $200.
- 120 pieces per eye : $240.
- 1 week touch ups : $ 60
- 2 weeks touch ups : $80.
- 3 weeks touch ups : $100.
- 4 weeks touch ups : $ 120.
- Removal : $20-30.